So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

well, not really...

Susanne gave me the year 1999 to write about. Let's see...if I can think back that far!

I was PREGNANT....big and fat and miserable! We still lived in our first apartment over in the now "bad part of town." (hey...it was our first place! and it wasn't that bad back then!) We hung out at my parents house a lot trying to keep me amused while I was preggo. I remember playing cards a lot at their house, and playing shuffleboard on their outside court. Oh, and eating ALOT. And everything tasted SOOOO good. And I would hum little songs while I ate because everything tasted so good! haha I ate cottage cheese by the bucket full! ugh.

My mom and Amy gave us a gorgeous shower outside (HOT) and we played fun games and got lots of nice things.

Eliana was born on July 29. Not a horrible labor at all. I got an epidural (because I'm a wimp!) and she zoomed right out. She had a HEAD FULL of thick black hair and was gorgeous! Everyone came to visit.

I remember we went to Universal Islands of Adventure with her when she was only a month old. (don't ask) Oh, and Amy got married in Sept of 1999 and I was her very fat Maid of Honor (or is it Matron?). I still had all my baby fat and had to squeeze into this dress. (thanks Amy!) haha She had a gorgeous wedding!

OHHHH, and how could I forget?!?! I got pregnant AGAIN at the very end of this year...not totally planned. We wanted two kids close in age...but this was a bit close! (my girls are 14 months apart) But it all turned out good and in Sept of 2000, Belicia was born.

So, that's about all I can remember for now. Thanks for that fun exercise, Susanne! If you want to play, leave your birth year in a comment and I'll give you a year to write about! :D

Comments

Chiara said…
what great memories.
Lis said…
What a memorable year!
Lis said…
What a memorable year!
Latharia said…
Thanks for playing along ... I had no idea I'd picked such a "hot" year for you! :D

Popular Posts