PAD July 14 - Boondoggles

We're Boondoggling today! "What the heck's a Boondoggle?" you might ask. Well, if you've ever seen "Napoleon Dynamite" Deb was trying to sell these to raise money for college. And then Napoleon and Pedro were giving them out at school. "Vote for Pedro!" I was trying to think of a fun summer craft the girls could work on. And one of Eliana's classmates gave her a Boondoggle keychain at the end of the school year. And the girls both said they wanted to learn to make them. So I picked up some craft lace at JoAnn's and we went online (I LOVE how I can find out how to do just about anything online. "Yes, I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But still, I love technology" - Kip HAHAHA) and learned some different patterns. I taught the girls the basic pattern and I started on a harder one. See the bigger one...that's mine. Doesn't it almost look like a DNA strand? Anyway, it's way fun and the girls are now making them for everyone they know!

Comments

Chiara said…
very cool and I just love that they are crafting
Heather said…
nice! I'll bet Alyson would like that too. And I am jealous you have Mondays off!
Latharia said…
Oh, too fun! We used to make lanyards like that at GS camp & wear them around our neck with our pocketknife or compass!
these are great. I remember making these on the playground when I was a kid
Lis said…
Fun crafts! I remember my brother doing these in cub scouts.
Amy said…
I have never seen these!! Fun! (I wish I lived closer so I could do crsfts with them!!) :(
kaj said…
Great idea and you all did a great job.

Popular Posts