Stupid Bank...does anyone know what this means???


PAD Mar 10
Originally uploaded by dalovelydamanda

This is my paycheck. I am the office manager/exec. admin asst. I create the checks. I hand them out. They are dated for every other Friday. But my boss and I ALWAYS deposit them early...no biggie. I've done this for years. My bank doesn't seem to care....until today.

Mistake #1) I went to a different branch. They didn't like that the check was dated for Friday and they wouldn't deposit it.

Mistake #2) I got huffy and after complaining, I told them "Fine, I'll take it back to my branch and they WILL deposit it."

Mistake #3) I did take it back to my branch. Well, you see that cute little writing in the corner of my check? The cute little star stamp and "secret code" writing??? THAT MEANS SOMETHING apparantly. As soon as I send them my check through the tube, I swear it was like it was infected or something...she gets on the speaker and proceeds to tell me they can't deposit it either. I tell them they do so every other week and have for years! But I guess not today.

Mistake #4) I'm really mad now, so "I drive to the front of the bank and deposit my check in the ATM machine thinking "They won't look at the date!" HELLO!!! There's RED FLAG secret code written on my check now! About an hour later, I get a phone call...at work....from the BANK MANAGER. She won't deposit it and she won't hold it until Friday.

Mistake #5) OHHHH, I was hot. I told her that they either need to get their act together and continue cashing my check before the date like they have for years OR they should never do it again in accord with federal regulations. She agreed. I swear, I'm on a list now. I will NEVER be able to cash a check early again...they will see me coming.

I had to go BACK to the bank with my tail tucked between my legs and pick up my check...that I tried to deposit 3 times in one day. I had to wait until the end of the week to deposit it. But if anyone knows what that code means, I sure am curious...do tell!!!

Comments

Dawn Lindstrom said…
Sorry about your ordeal. It means they won, and you lost, and they are so pleased about it!

Popular Posts