Sweet Cheeks

Ok, so I'm trying all sorts of new techniques on this layout...and I'm loving it! It's for The Next Step Challenge Blog. GREAT ideas on their blog! Here's what I learned...






Ok, I used my Stazon stamp pad and stamped these flowers onto a transparency. Then painted each layer on (wait to dry in between). SO COOL!



I used this stamp directly on the paper. Then I used black acrylic paint to make it stand out more. FUN.



And this is my FAVORITE technique! I stamped a butterfly image twice onto white cardstock. Then I mixed some acrylic paint with a little water to make...watercolors! Then I played with the colors until I got the look I wanted. Did it twice. Glued them together and it looks like it's ready for flight!


Can't wait to see next month's challenge! I'm totally having fun!

Comments

Lucy Edson said…
I love how you incorporated the techniques into your layout!! The dimensional butterfly is beautiful!!


Thanks for playing along with us at The Next Step! :)

Lucy
Jill Oriente said…
I totally love how you did this!
Unknown said…
Wow, looks great!! Very cool results. Lovin' the butterfly
Peggy said…
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm glad to "meet" you too!
Your LO is so pretty, and wowser, you did three of the techniques, that's so cool. It really turned out beautifully. That butterfly is gorgeous, and I love the black painting over the stamps. The flowers look pretty great too ... oh, it all looks great LOL, aren't those new techniques over at The Next Step fabulous???? I so have to get me some supplies, so I can try them all out LOL.
I hope we'll meet again.
xxx Peggy
Chiara said…
you totally rocked this.
Oh wow I love what you did with the techniques! Beautiful work! That butterfly is fabulous! I love the flowers on the transparency too! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
Anonymous said…
Such a gorgeous layouts.

Carole xx
Latharia said…
Oh, just gorgeous!!!! :D
Unknown said…
This is stunning. What a great LO. Thanks for playing along!

Popular Posts