I'm being published!

For as long as I've been scrapping (12+ years), I've always thought it would be awesome to be published...to be one of THOSE layouts that you see in magazines and books. And well...I've never given it a go. I've never submitted anything anywhere. I never really even looked into how to go about it. And in the back of my mind I never thought my stuff was good enough to be in one of those books anyway.

Well, last month I saw this call for layouts on the Memory Makers Magazine website for an upcoming book. And I thought, "what the heck?" I mean at least I can say that I tried, right? A total of 10 layouts could be submitted per person and I figured I'd submit as many as I was able to get done. I only ended up getting 4 layouts done to submit. (Submissions must be never-before-seen: never posted in an online gallery and never published. So they were brand new layouts that I had to do for the call.)

I felt accomplished for at least submitting 4 layouts and was satisfied for trying. This was my first go at this afterall. Well...I got an email from Memory Makers. I'm being PUBLISHED! And not just one layout...ALL FREAKING FOUR LAYOUTS! (*insert shocked face*) Maybe they were desperate for layouts (the idea book is supposed to contain 500+ layouts). Maybe not that many people submitted. Or maybe my layouts are actually not too shabby. Regardless of the reason, I am thrilled. The book won't be published until Summer 2011 and I'm assuming it will be available at JoAnn's and Michaels stores and maybe even bookstores. As compensation, I get a free copy of the book. So you'll have to wait until next year to see my four layouts! :)

Comments

Marianna said…
That is so awesome!!! way to go! I can't wait to pick up a copy next year :o) So exciting!!! :o) :o) :o)
Chiara said…
absolutely fabulous. you rock
Congrats! That's very cool.
julie h said…
Congratulations, well done you. look foward to seeing the layouts
Hey girl!

Thanks for your comment on my MLS book and for stopping at my blog.

I seen your MLS layouts are they super cute, I hope you try out the design team call!

Have a great day!

PS. Your blog background is awesome.
Heather said…
They picked all 4 because they know a good thing when they see it! So proud of ya girlie!

Popular Posts