5 for Friday

It's been a very nice QUIET week! We all need one of those every now and then.

New Hair

There's just something about changing your looks that makes you feel good. So my hair was turning blonder and blonder and I was ready for a change. I think this color is called hazelnut...ironic since I hate nuts, but it's a lovely shade of brown.

Flamingo Juice

So, I will be consuming this fine product this evening with some of my favorite scrappy gals! Can NOT wait! This is one of my favorite drinks. It's like a fruity long island iced tea (w/o the cola) Here's the recipe in case you ever want to try it:

Flamingo Juice
This will make a small pitcher...whether you choose to share or not is up to you.

Liquor Part
1 cup Vodka
1 cup Tequila
1 cup White Puerto Rican Rum
1 cup Gin
1 cup Triple Sec

I mix the liquor all up and put it in a jug. You can keep this separate from the juice to make your drink stronger or weaker when adding them together. (Plus in the ODD event that you actually have any left, you can put this in the freezer and it'll keep since there's no juice in it!)

Juice Part
1 2/3 cups Sweet & Sour Mix (liquid. I PREFER Rose's!)
1 2/3 cups Pineapple Juice
1 2/3 cups Cranberry Juice

Now you have two pitchers both with about the same amout of liquid. Just pour equal amounts into each cup. If you plan on drinking it all in one night, just dump both pitchers together (because you may not be able to measure properly after a couple of drinks. haha) If you like yours less sweet (a-hem...me!) use less juice part. To enjoy properly, you must drink in a pink glass preferrably one with flamingos on it!

Wednesday night TV on ABC

I love the new comedys that all started their first year on ABC Wednesday night this season: The Middle, Modern Family, and Cougar Town. All incredibly funny and unique. No laugh track. No studio audience. And some similar interviewing techniques as used on the best comedy out there...the Office. All three are very funny!

New Bras!
Ok, so some of you may think this is TMI, but I just got new bras and they are fabulous! (And NO, I'm not posting a picture of me in my new bras! haha) As you ladies know, buying bras is one of the worst ways to spend an afternoon. I recently spent about 2 hours in a dressing room trying to find a style that works. I finally found a great one from Playtex and bought it in three different colors! As the Playtex website puts it, "When the girls are happy, I'm happy!" ;)

MLS Mini Alphas

These are the best things since sliced bread...really! I think I use them just about on EVERYTHING lately! They come in every color under the sun and are small enough to write out things or use with a title on your page or label things. Just really LOVE them! You can get these over at the House of Paper!

Happy Friday! :)

Comments

Amy said…
haha Yes, new bras are the best!!! I need some so badly!
I also need to start watching those shows....maybe I can just rent the seasons when they come out.....
Latharia said…
Don't remind me that I need to buy bras. I was hoping I'd lose another 10 pounds, but I may not be able to wait much longer.

Popular Posts