All my Quirks

This week over at the House of Paper the Design Team was challenged to scrap about our many quirks. Here are a couple of mine:


On the layout above I played with the new Fancy Pants Wishful collection. I made the flowers by hand...aren't they cute? They're super easy to make:

Cut out a flower shape from your paper. (I hand-cut mine.)


Ink the edges and use a pencil/skewer to rollup the edges.


Curl up all of the petals.


That's it! Layer and add a brad.


Viola! Finish with some ZVA bling and stickles!



And on the below layout I used the new Echo Park Sweet Summertime collection. See the big green circles...don't they look like I crocheted them?? I saw how to do this on another website. (Sorry, for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it or I'd give them credit.)


Here's how you make the "crochet" circles:
Cut three equal pieces of yarn. Tie one end and start braiding.


Braid a decent lenth (based on how big you want your circle). Tie off both ends and trim the ends.


Using wet glue (I used Aleene's Tacky) start coiling up the braid in a circle and glue to a piece of cardstock and let dry.


Then when dry, cut the circle from the cardstock. That's it...aren't they cute?




Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Comments

Jen Mc said…
I love your 'quirk' ;) Great flowers and circles - I'll have to try those.
Heather said…
so cute! Love the circles!
Debbi Tehrani said…
Love your page, Amanda. And that could've been written about me! Those crocheted circles are really cool!

Popular Posts