Glimmer Mist & Smooch FUN!

This week the DT over at the House of Paper used Glimmer Mist & Smooch on our projects. Here's what I came up with.

First up, this layout is about my bestest friend Amy. :) I used Lily Bee and some great new ZVA Bling all from the House of Paper. I used a simple white background paper with some black words on it from 7Gypsies and used Glimmer Mist to match the Lily Bee. (Oh, and see alllll those hearts?? YUP...all handcut by me! No cricut or tool here! Just me and my scissors! Old school, baby...old school.)


I made my own pattern by cutting out a heart shape from some thin cardboard/chipboard (the stuff you get when you order paper from the House of Paper). Cut your shape out carefully with an exacto knife. You want both the positive and negative image. Don't cut your image too close to the edge.


Using your Glimmer Mist, lightly spray a few times over your image. Move your hand while spraying (don't stay in one spot) to get a nice light coat. You may need a few sprays to cover the area.


Use several colors if desired. Let each color dry a bit between coats as to not smear it. You'll also get different colors if you layer colors! This is my final background paper that is now one of a kind and matches exactly what I want!



Next up is a layout about a recent trip to a winery. I used new Basic Grey Max & Whiskers and lots of Glimmer Mist & Smooch!


I started by taking this adorable Basic Grey Doiley...


and flipped it over to use as my pattern. I used another white/black sheet of paper from 7Gypsies and then used the Glimmer Mist and spritzed all the corners. You may need to hold down the corners a bit with one hand/pencil while spraying with the other hand. This paper is thinner then the chipboard (from previous example) and the corner may lift a little when wet. Try not to over-spray. Carefully pick up the doiley and let both sheets dry.


You're left with cute Glimmer Misted sprayed corners!


Then take your Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink and an acrylic stamp. Use the brush and add the ink to your stamp. Paint it on...but not too goopy.


Then I stamped the corner...reinked, stamped again...and repeated a few times. Let this ink dry before touching it. (mine's a little goopy)


I also sprayed some plain white prima flowers to match AND that lovely piece of lace (thanks, Chiara!) to match as well. One tip I have for spritzing flowers and lace...I like to use a styrofoam plate to spray on. Because then when you spray, it doesn't all get soaked up by the paper/cardboard. You are left with a little "puddle" of spray. I take my flower/lace and really drag it through that puddle for really intense color! If you just lightly spray, you get light color. You soak it in the color...well, you get the point! You can get different shades of colors depending on how much spritz you use. And don't forget, you can spray your chipboard letters too! (See my title)


Go grab some Smooch & Glimmer Mist and get creative!!

Comments

Unknown said…
You are crazy talented!!! You should be on every design team out there!
Oh and I can't wait to read the journaling on the LO with me!! :)
LG said…
Oh my goodness. i love what you did with the heart and the doily. Very clever!!!! It added a great touch to those beautiful layouts. I will try those too
Nerrida said…
Just so cloever - thx so much for the inspiration. Your misting looks brilliant.

Popular Posts