Scrap Therapy

Last night I was mad at myself for feeling a certain way. I was allowing myself to hold on to the hope of change when deep down I know there never will be any and instead of appreciating what I do have, I get bitter and resentful. So as I'm angrily brushing my teeth before bed, this song pops into my head:

OK Go - Get Over It

I do that sometimes. My brain tries to tell me something through song lyrics. I'm brushing my teeth and screaming to myself inside my head "Get Get Get Get, GET OVER IT!" And I realize, I need to scrap this feeling now, or I'll lose it. So, what do I do at 2:00 am last night? I make this layout:


(I mixed Bella Blvd with Echo Park from the House of Paper.)

I took those pictures right then based on how I felt towards myself. This layout is a message to myself so when I feel that way again, I can drag out this layout and remind myself to "get over it." There's just no one to blame for crappy situations sometimes even though you're looking to blame someone. And if you don't get over it, you could miss out on being happy with what you've got.

And I've learned (with great difficulty) to let each day be new. I try not to allow myself to wake up holding on to those bitter feelings I went to bed with...trying to still grasp at what/whom I was mad at. "You know you can't keep letting it get you down, and you can't keep dragging that dead weight around...when the morning comes."

Scrap therapy...it really does help sometimes.

Comments

Sarah said…
it's been a long while since I've been by here....but love this layout. and I think it's awesome that you took the photos right away, in the moment. Hope you are well...

Popular Posts